While I have not recorded a new episode in quite some time, this podcast was created primarily in response to questions and comments I received following my first two guest appearances on popular podcasts, A Millennial’s Guide To Saving The World with Anya Kaats, and Tangentially Speaking with best selling author, Dr. Christopher Ryan. I only included links for the first four episodes on this page; however, you can find the other episodes by clicking here, or by searching for the show wherever you download your favorite podcasts. I hope you find the information beneficial and thank you for listening!
The New Directions For Life Podcast:
As for this podcast in general, I wanted a show that was unedited and free-flowing (whereas my writing (blog) is a more revised expression). This has meant blunders, repeated points, long pauses, and perhaps some “not so great” explanations have occurred. However, I wanted to stick with this format for a couple reasons: 1) This effort is also a part of my ongoing “personal work.” Being ridiculed and humiliated for much of my childhood led me to developing an unhealthy level of perfectionism, so it’s a bit of a risk to leave the sloppiness in these episodes (but if I didn’t… I would risk editing for days, and perhaps nothing would ever get published). 2) I think there are some nuances that can be caught with a “live” feel (which I personally prefer when it comes to podcasts I listen to), vs. knowing things will be cut and edited later. Now, I’m not saying I won’t ever edit, especially if a guest wishes, but I would like to keep that to a minimum. I hope the end product is worth it, and that some important and beneficial pieces come through. As mentioned, this podcast is available on iTunes, but if you’d prefer to listen to any of the first four episodes from this site directly, simply hit the play button on any of the episodes below.
If you would like to financially support this podcast, there are two ways:
- If you shop on Amazon, please consider using my affiliate link, and a small portion of the proceeds from your purchase will come back to me at no cost to you (Amazon rebates a small percentage from their profit margin). Please click here to access Amazon through my affiliate link. Also, please note: I do not receive any personal information regarding purchases made; instead, I receive a list of items purchased, the dates, the type of device used, the price, the affiliate rebate amount, and things of that nature, but no names, numbers, addresses or the like is provided.
My Podcast Guest Appearances:
Yes, it’s much easier to find and listen on iTunes as well, but this way you at least know what to look for…
- This was the very first podcast I was a guest on, A Millennial’s Guide To Saving The World with Anya Kaats. To listen to that episode, please click here.
- The second appearance was when I had the opportunity to sit down with best-selling author, Dr. Christopher Ryan, on his Tangentially Speaking podcast. Here I talk more about the personal side of my journey and how it has influenced my work with others. You can find the episode by clicking here.
- The third appearance was as a guest on The Medicine Path Podcast with Brian James, yoga teacher and psychedelic integration counselor. You can find that episode by clicking here.
- Following my appearance on Tangentially Speaking, I was invited on the Life In Recovery with Ren Koi. In this episode I describe a bit about my own experiences with addictive/compulsive drives, as well as, the therapeutic value in psychedelic work. You can find that episode by clicking here.
- Following some of the positive feedback from my first appearance on The Medicine Path Podcast (#3 above), Brain kindly asked if we could do another episode, which I happily agreed to. You can find that episode by clicking here.
- My most recent appearance was on The Borrowed Ladder Podcast with Kyle Taylor. Kyle first heard my interview with Chris Ryan on Tangentially Speaking (#2 above), and later decided to start his own show. I was honored to be requested to be one of his first guests. You can find that episode here.
Note: While I no longer post new episodes of my own podcasts to this page, I will post any new guest appearances here, so please check back periodically to see if a new guest episode has been released.
Disclosure: These episodes are intended to aid you in making the best determinations for yourself when it comes to your mental-health; however, it is important to note that I am not recommending you follow any suggestion without the help of a qualified counselor or guide who knows your situation better than I do. Nothing discussed in these episodes constitutes “therapy,” and I am not acting as a “therapist” to anyone in this medium. These discussions are intended for an audience that has the outside therapeutic resources that may directly facilitate their own healing.